LEAD CARPENTER POSITION
with established construction services company based in the Tulsa area serving northeastern Oklahoma.
Seeking individual for opportunity with established construction company to grow with the company as a solid sub-contractor relationship or employee and establish a long term relationship of growth, knowledge, accomplishment.
Paid Holidays, Vacation, Insurance, Tool Allowance, Cell Phone
Character Traits needed:
- WORK ETHIC
- Must own a variety of tools needed to accomplish the skills listed below.
- Individual must exhibit MOST of the Skills below and be willing to learn and implement the skills less familiar with:
- Clear communication with clients, trades, vendors, inspectors, co-workers.
- Proficient in contents and finished components protection, dust control.
- Proficient in detailed, efficient demolition.
- Proficient cleaning skills and care of Client’s home and contents.
- Understanding of construction project’s job costing, scheduling, and production.
- Understand and implement blueprint drawings and written specifications.
- Use a transit level to establish grades and elevations.
- Proficient in all phases of nonstructural demolition.
- Set flatwork forms, strike concrete level, and finish concrete flatwork.
- Establish grades for proper drainage of flatwork and simple structures.
- Know and identify masonry units by size, shape, and specification.
- Lay out and install metal stud-wall framing.
- Lay out framing members for walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, and decks.
- Lay out and install a simple set of stairs using a framing square.
- Use fasteners properly, depending on length needed and material being used.
- Proficient in use of tools for wood framing and millwork.
- Proficient in layout and installation of composition roofing including valleys, flashings, and roof penetrations.
- Proficient in installing doors and windows.
- Proficient in drywall/sheetrock installation to include hang, tape, bed, finish, texture.
- Lay out and install suspended-ceiling system.
- Properly install cabinetry and countertops.
- Proficient in installing wood casing, base trim, crown mold, and simple wood moldings.
- Simple painting/staining/finishing of components.
- Understanding of quality painting/staining/finishing and ability to communicate with professional painters.
- Do simple repairs in HVAC, plumbing, electrical.
- Simple tile installation.
- Minor floorcovering repairs.
Please email resume, work history, contact info, list of equipment and tools, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Above average hourly rate and contract work as per experience.